Saturday, December 30, 2017

Bulletin Board

It's alive - an expanding, changing, rarely neat, appendage to my pantry door.  It smiles at me with the faces of my children, my in-laws, my grandbabies and my mom. It's a collection of the fragments of my life - each piece expressing a sentiment I hold.  It may appear to be attacking you when you turn the corner into this room, but I assure you it's built with love. It's my bulletin board.  And now.....well, it's empty.
I'm not sad.  It's time.  It will be lovingly removed and brought along to our new home, after 24 years of residence in this one.  I've no idea where I'll put it, but it will have a place.  The sentiments accumulate where our family resides - it's a living thing, its life consists of the lives it reflects.  The smiles will once again accumulate.  The home is not the structure. It is the people.  And therefore, it travels with us.... our home.... and our bulletin board.

No comments:

Post a Comment