Wednesday, January 16, 2019

My Tool-less Hands

I am faced with a task for which my hands have no tools.  Attempts to complete it would be futile - like the bird who tried to flap himself through my garage window last fall.  However visible the trees, he was not going to flap through to them.
But the bird did succeed in getting my attention. I, who opened the door, set him free from the futility of his attempts. He might say that his attempts were successful. So might I, indirectly.
When I face a dilemma for which my hands have no tools, my voice must take over.  I must get the attention of One Whose tools are sufficient. And if it is His Intention to open that door, He will.  Then again, he may intend to open a window.  Or, it could be that there is a plan I couldn't possibly foresee.  I won't know until it happens.
But I can trust Him, as He's responded repeatedly to the voice of His helpless child.  It's often in a way I could only marvel at afterward - a way I in my finite mind, would never have predicted. And so, He gets the glory - for how could I possibly assume it?

No comments:

Post a Comment